Algorithms and software engineerMadrid | Full time
The company and team
At RatedPower we are on a mission to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions. We have created pvDesign, a cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the analysis, design, and engineering of photovoltaic plants in all its stages. Our customers speed up the process of design and engineering and also reduce the construction costs of PV plants and Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) while increasing accuracy and assets profitability. pvDesign has a track record of +1,300 users reaching +2000GW simulated in over +130 countries worldwide.
pvDesign has proven to produce more than 5% of energy compared to the standard parameters used in the sector, a 20% asset profitability increase, and a reduction of the number of hours engineering teams spend by 85%. Only in 2020, our clients have been able to execute an extra 147 projects that they would have been able without pvDesign, totalising 8.82GW installed/year. It’s the equivalent to the electricity consumption of 4.5 million households worldwide. This leads to an annual reduction of 6 million tons of CO2 and an annual decrease of 9 million oil barrels.
By merging technology and engineering, we aim to strengthen the renewable energy industry, bringing cost reduction and maximizing the efficiency of solar plant deployment. Our ultimate goal? To accelerate the energy transition by contributing to the proliferation of solar energy worldwide.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to RatedPower regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, age, orientation or ability.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time, Algorithms & Software Engineer, with the ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment. She or he will become part of an integrated and agile team, working directly with UX/UI, Frontend, Backend, and Engineering experts, as well as the Scrum Master and Product Owner.
- Developing optimization algorithms (getting as close as possible to the global optimum solution).
- Tackling soft computing problems (complex problems with incomplete and/or inexact information, finding an adequate solution in a reasonable execution time).
- Collaborating with the Backend & Engineering teams, to frame and tackle new challenges, from both a technical and a business perspective.
- Experience working with Java, and object-oriented programming.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product improvements.
- Proactiveness, teamwork, and fast learning.
- Metaheuristics, fuzzy logic, machine learning.
- Graph theory, optimization, statistics.
- Code optimization, parallel programming.
- Version control (Git), JUnit Testing.
What we offer
- Be part of a fast-growing startup.
- Product focus. Great teamwork. Together we shape the future of renewables, your work will be meaningful and have an impact.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.