Backend developerMadrid | Full time
The company and team
At RatedPower we are on a mission to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions. We have created pvDesign, a cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the analysis, design, and engineering of photovoltaic plants in all its stages. Our customers speed up the process of design and engineering and also reduce the construction costs of PV plants and Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) while increasing accuracy and assets profitability. pvDesign has a track record of +1,300 users reaching +2000GW simulated in over +130 countries worldwide.
pvDesign has proven to produce more than 5% of energy compared to the standard parameters used in the sector, a 20% asset profitability increase, and a reduction of the number of hours engineering teams spend by 85%. Only in 2020, our clients have been able to execute an extra 147 projects that they would have been able without pvDesign, totalising 8.82GW installed/year. It’s the equivalent to the electricity consumption of 4.5 million households worldwide. This leads to an annual reduction of 6 million tons of CO2 and an annual decrease of 9 million oil barrels.
By merging technology and engineering, we aim to strengthen the renewable energy industry, bringing cost reduction and maximizing the efficiency of solar plant deployment. Our ultimate goal? To accelerate the energy transition by contributing to the proliferation of solar energy worldwide.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to RatedPower regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, age, orientation or ability.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time Backend developer to join our engineering team.
You'll be responsible for the following tasks
- Develop new functionalities using the SpringBoot framework & relational databases.
- Manage and improve CI procedures.
- Administrate and maintain cloud infrastructure with guidance from our engineers.
- Collaborate with product, frontend and cybersecurity teams, to frame and tackle the challenges, both from technical and business context.
- Experience working with Java, and object-oriented programming.
- Experience working with relational databases like MySQL.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product or infrastructure improvements.
- Proactiveness, team-work and fast learning.
- Version control (Git).
- Experience with AWS.
- Linux knowledge.
What we offer
Be part of a fast-growing startup.
Product focus. Great teamwork. Together we shape the future of renewables, your work will be meaningful and have an impact.
We support our employees with continuous training.
Compensation commensurate with experience.