Cybersecurity EngineerMadrid | Full time
The company and team
At RatedPower we are on a mission to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions. We have created pvDesign, a cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the analysis, design, and engineering of photovoltaic plants in all its stages. Our customers speed up the process of design and engineering and also reduce the construction costs of PV plants and Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) while increasing accuracy and asset profitability. pvDesign has a track record of +1,300 users reaching +2000GW simulated in over +130 countries worldwide.
pvDesign has proven to produce more than 5% of energy compared to the standard parameters used in the sector, a 20% asset profitability increase, and a reduction of the number of hours engineering teams spend by 85%. Only in 2020, our clients have been able to execute an extra 147 projects that they would have been able without pvDesign, totalising 8.82GW installed/year. It’s equivalent to the electricity consumption of 4.5 million households worldwide. This leads to an annual reduction of 6 million tons of CO2 and an annual decrease of 9 million oil barrels.
By merging technology and engineering, we aim to strengthen the renewable energy industry, bringing cost reduction and maximizing the efficiency of solar plant deployment. Our ultimate goal? To accelerate the energy transition by contributing to the proliferation of solar energy worldwide.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to RatedPower regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, age, orientation or ability.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Cybersecurity engineer to join our engineering team.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with different teams at the organization.
- Testing and identifying corporate security vulnerabilities.
- Defining a secure baseline configuration for all services, applications and devices (including the corporate network).
- Implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security policies for different operating systems (Windows, macOS and Linux).
- Monitoring users accounts (roles and permissions). Participating in the on-boarding and off-boarding process of users and services.
- Monitoring performance according to security requirements.
- Giving regular training on security and data protection matters for employees.
- Responding to corporate security incidents.
- Ensuring security enabling the appropriate security controls in collaboration with the IT team.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Basic knowledge and experience in LAN networks administration.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Proactiveness, team-work and fast learning.
- English level: B2.
- Knowledge security frameworks (NIST, ENISA, ENS, etc.).
- Knowledge of privacy and data protection (EU GDPR).
- Basic knowledge and experience in IT security matters.
What we offer
- To become a team member of a fast-growing company.
- Excellent opportunity to develop yourself and to be part of a fast-growing startup.
- Great teamwork. Together we shape the future of renewables, your work will be meaningful and have an impact.
- We support our employees with continuous training.
- Constant opportunities to voice your opinions and ideas.
- Career development according to your aspirations and interests.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.