Head of peopleMadrid | Full time
The company and team
At RatedPower we are on a mission to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions. We have created pvDesign, a cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the analysis, design, and engineering of photovoltaic plants in all its stages. Our customers speed up the process of design and engineering and also reduce the construction costs of PV plants and Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) while increasing accuracy and assets profitability. pvDesign has a track record of +1,300 users reaching +2000GW simulated in over +130 countries worldwide.
pvDesign has proven to produce more than 5% of energy compared to the standard parameters used in the sector, a 20% asset profitability increase, and a reduction of the number of hours engineering teams spend by 85%. Only in 2020, our clients have been able to execute an extra 147 projects that they would have been able without pvDesign, totalising 8.82GW installed/year. It’s the equivalent to the electricity consumption of 4.5 million households worldwide. This leads to an annual reduction of 6 million tons of CO2 and an annual decrease of 9 million oil barrels.
By merging technology and engineering, we aim to strengthen the renewable energy industry, bringing cost reduction and maximizing the efficiency of solar plant deployment. Our ultimate goal? To accelerate the energy transition by contributing to the proliferation of solar energy worldwide.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to RatedPower regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, age, orientation or ability.
Who are we looking for?
RatedPower is growing fast, so we are looking for a Head of People who will report directly to the CEO. As a head of people, you will own People processes and have the mission to ensure that the company is an exceptional place to work and has a high performing, motivated and professional team as per the expected challenges of the company.
You will act as a champion for the company culture and will support the company executives and team leaders, allowing the company to develop and grow quickly. In this role you will be responsible for all human resources related activities.
- Build the People team.
- Build best-in-class people programs in recruiting, onboarding/exit, performance management, learning & development, compensation plans, benefits, and recognition.
- Hire the best. Design standardised hiring processes across different teams in the company. Lead the different recruitment processes to ensure high quality hires on time. We can only be the best if we’re hiring the best.
- Help us reach operational excellence. Craft, apply, and continually improve People procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Build strong social connections, feedback mechanisms, and communication lines between employees and management.
- Serve as the first-line resource for all legal employment matters and compliance. Consult with specialists as appropriate.
- We strive to have the best environment for talent to develop and grow within RatedPower. Foster a growth-oriented and motivating environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Promote a strong company culture and ensure a working environment aligned with company values. Build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Experience scaling teams before.
- Proven experience as and inspiring People manager/HR Manager for at least five years.
- Experience in talent acquisition and compensation.
- Strong background in employee relations and legal compliance.
- Resilient, determined to positively overcome barriers.
- Confident and strong interpersonal and communication skills in Spanish and English (written and oral); skilled in communicating with diverse settings, both 1:1 and in large groups.
- Smart, analytical, and creative problem solver.
- Strategic, curious, and self-starter.
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience in B2B SaaS and technical teams a plus
- Experience in a startup or other fast-paced environment is preferred.
What we offer
- Full time position based in Madrid.
- Be part of a fast-growing startup.
- Great team and environment. Together we shape the future of renewables, your work will be meaningful and have an impact.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.