Product DesignerMadrid | Full time
The company and team
At RatedPower we are on a mission to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions. We have created pvDesign, a cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the analysis, design, and engineering of photovoltaic plants in all its stages. Our customers speed up the process of design and engineering and also reduce the construction costs of PV plants and Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) while increasing accuracy and asset profitability. pvDesign has a track record of +1,300 users reaching +2000GW simulated in over +130 countries worldwide.
pvDesign has proven to produce more than 5% of energy compared to the standard parameters used in the sector, a 20% asset profitability increase, and a reduction of the number of hours engineering teams spend by 85%. Only in 2020, our clients have been able to execute an extra 147 projects that they would have been able without pvDesign, totalising 8.82GW installed/year. It’s the equivalent to the electricity consumption of 4.5 million households worldwide. This leads to an annual reduction of 6 million tons of CO2 and an annual decrease of 9 million oil barrels.
By merging technology and engineering, we aim to strengthen the renewable energy industry, bringing cost reduction and maximizing the efficiency of solar plant deployment. Our ultimate goal? To accelerate the energy transition by contributing to the proliferation of solar energy worldwide.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to RatedPower regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, age, orientation or ability.
Who are we looking for?
RatedPower is growing fast, and so is our software pvDesign.
We are looking for a Product Designer who will closely partner with our product manager, engineers and developers to improve the experience of our customers using pvDesign. You will design experiments to connect our customers to product value, improving activation, adoption and retention. Your work will directly impact the core of our mission: to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions.
- Design experiments based on qualitative and quantitative data to solve customer pain points and drive business outcomes
- Identify users’ needs through user research techniques and Design Thinking exercises
- Regularly engage with customers to develop a thorough understanding of their needs and pain points
- Rapidly iterate translating outcomes and customer research into new insights and experiments
- Collaborate with other designers, as well as Product Management and Engineering, to explore complex problem spaces and evaluate tradeoffs
- Create the logic of the product with wireframes. Efficiently use of low-fi, mid-fi and high-fi prototypes, according to the context and requirements of the product
- Deliver UX specs to clearly communicate requirements to your team
- Proven experience as a Product Designer for at least 3 years
- Experience in doing User Research with a multidisciplinary team
- Solid knowledge of UX principles and techniques like wireframes, user flows, scenarios, personas
- Can leverage quantitative data to inform your design decisions
- Confident and strong interpersonal and communication skills in Spanish and English (written and oral); skilled in communicating with diverse settings, both 1:1 and in large groups.
- Team player attitude with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback to continually raising our bar of quality
- Are a natural experimenter, eager to try and learn from failures
- Experience with prototyping tools like Sketch, Figma or Invision
- Data analysis experience to understand user’s behaviour and ability to own actionable inputs from those insights
- Experience in a startup or other fast-paced environment is preferred.
- Experience working with a SaaS product (desktop-oriented)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS
What we offer
- Full-time position
- Be part of a fast-growing startup
- Great team and environment. Together we shape the future of renewables, your work will be meaningful and have an impact.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- A young-spirit team in a dynamic work environment focused on your growth