Software QA EngineerMadrid | Full time
The company and team
At RatedPower we are on a mission to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions. We have created pvDesign, a cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the analysis, design, and engineering of photovoltaic plants in all its stages. Our customers speed up the process of design and engineering and also reduce the construction costs of PV plants and Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) while increasing accuracy and asset profitability. pvDesign has a track record of +1,300 users reaching +2000GW simulated in over +130 countries worldwide.
pvDesign has proven to produce more than 5% of energy compared to the standard parameters used in the sector, a 20% asset profitability increase, and a reduction of the number of hours engineering teams spend by 85%. Only in 2020, our clients have been able to execute an extra 147 projects that they would have been able without pvDesign, totalising 8.82GW installed/year. It’s equivalent to the electricity consumption of 4.5 million households worldwide. This leads to an annual reduction of 6 million tons of CO2 and an annual decrease of 9 million oil barrels.
By merging technology and engineering, we aim to strengthen the renewable energy industry, bringing cost reduction and maximizing the efficiency of solar plant deployment. Our ultimate goal? To accelerate the energy transition by contributing to the proliferation of solar energy worldwide.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to RatedPower regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, age, orientation or ability.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a full-time QA Engineer, with the ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment. She or he will become part of an integrated and agile team, working directly with UX/UI, Frontend, Backend and Engineering experts, and Product Owner.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in the definition and improvement of our quality assurance processes, both manual and automated.
- Defining and developing automated tests that ensure the quality of our platform.
- Supporting the frontend and backend team in the definition and development of automated tests.
- Web application testing automation, using frameworks such as Selenium.
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development, using frameworks such as Cucumber
- Proactiveness, teamwork, and fast learning.
- Experience working with Java, and object-oriented programming.
- React application testing, using Cypress.
- Java application testing, using JUnit 5 and Mockito.
- GraphQL API testing, using applications such as postman.
- SonarQube and static analysis tools.
- Version control (Git)
What we offer
Be part of a fast-growing startup.
Product focus. Great teamwork. Together we shape the future of renewables, your work will be meaningful and have an impact.
Compensation commensurate with experience.