Frontend React SeniorMadrid | Full time
The company and team
At RatedPower we are on a mission to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions. We have created pvDesign, a cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the analysis, design, and engineering of photovoltaic plants in all its stages. Our customers speed up the process of design and engineering and also reduce the construction costs of PV plants and Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) while increasing accuracy and assets profitability. pvDesign has a track record of +1,300 users reaching +2000GW simulated in over +130 countries worldwide.
pvDesign has proven to produce more than 5% of energy compared to the standard parameters used in the sector, a 20% asset profitability increase, and a reduction of the number of hours engineering teams spend by 85%. Only in 2020, our clients have been able to execute an extra 147 projects that they would have been able without pvDesign, totalising 8.82GW installed/year. It’s the equivalent to the electricity consumption of 4.5 million households worldwide. This leads to an annual reduction of 6 million tons of CO2 and an annual decrease of 9 million oil barrels.
By merging technology and engineering, we aim to strengthen the renewable energy industry, bringing cost reduction and maximizing the efficiency of solar plant deployment. Our ultimate goal? To accelerate the energy transition by contributing to the proliferation of solar energy worldwide.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to RatedPower regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, age, orientation or ability.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time Senior Frontend to join our engineering team, based out of Madrid (Spain).
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Be the technical leader of the frontend team, while remaining hands-on on development.
- Define internal standards for style, maintainability & best practices.
- Identify and implement improvements that reduce technical debt and enable the team to iterate faster.
- Collaborate with Product, Design and Backend teams, to frame and tackle the challenges, both from a technical and business context.
- CSS-in-JS with Styled Components
- Figma for prototype design
- Testing with Jest & Cypress
- API GraphQL with Apollo Client
- AWS with S3 and CloudFront
- 5+ year in frontend development
- 2+ year with React
- Previous experience writing automated tests
- Knowledge of AWS & CI pipeline definition
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product improvements
- Proactiveness, team player and willingness to teach & learn from peers
What we offer
- Be part of a fast-growing startup.
- Product focus. Great teamwork. Together we shape the future of renewables, your work will be meaningful and have an impact.
- We support our employees with continuous training.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.