PV plant design and engineering from siting to offtake
Solar software for utility-scale plants
80% of PV projects never become commercial operations. Lack of efficiency has become an existential risk for solar developers. Solar PV software delivers the efficiency your company needs to maximize returns and pipeline —and minimize risk and LCOE. It allows you to:
- Prospect sites efficiently
- Find the best electrical and equipment configuration
- Easily download your interconnection process documentation
- Quote projects with accurate BoM, CAPEX and LCOE
- Get project capacity and energy yield estimates while designing
- Hybridize your plant with BESS
Automate your asset design and project optimization
Increase your solar asset profitability by 20% and reduce LCOE with PV system design software
Unlock the potential and boost productivity of your development and engineering teams across the entire PV project lifecycle stage.
Prospect sites efficiently
- Site selection
- Find the prime parcel to place your solar project. Easily input the polygon and equipment specs to start your layout.
- Topography and cut-and-fill analysis
- Upload your own topography data and perform cut-and-fill analysis. Quickly identify how terrain affects your layout.
- Built-in solar irradiance data
- Get an accurate and bankable energy yield estimate by connecting to premium or free solar irradiance data.
Quickly model your layout
- Energy production estimates
- Get bankable energy yield estimates while designing your PV system.
- Streamlined interconnection engineering
- Size the facility according to global interconnection standards. Download comprehensive SLD and Gen-Tie reports.
- Add storage to your solar plant
- Hybridize your solar plant by including a battery energy storage system. Optimize its capacity and download basic engineering documentation for feasibility studies.
Quote your project accurately
- Fine-tune your project with batch designs
- Easily find the best PV system design by bulk simulation. Optimize it through pitch distance and DC/AC ratio.
- Compare your plant simulations
- Order designs by key metrics that matter to you the most, such as energy production, cost, GCR, or equipment.
- Handoff to peers or off-takers
- Download editable reports, drawings, and 3D shading scenes ready to use in PVsyst. Incorporate your teammates at later stages of the project lifecycle.
Thousands of professionals choose to work with our solar software
Streamlining BayWa r.e’s pre-engineering workload
«We needed software that was easy to handle, fast, and detailed. Now, with RatedPower, our developers can design in half an hour. Using AutoCAD or other tools would take one or two days.»
RatedPower speed helps us boost our competitive advantage
«Now we can turn around design documents within hours and minutes to stakeholders, landowners, partners or engineers, to get through our regulatory process. This has allowed us to move projects forward faster.»
Celsia doubles PV project development bandwidth with RatedPower's platform
We use to outsource basic engineering work. Deploying RatedPower's software enabled my development engineering team do it in-house. After the first month, Celsia reached 1 hectare per megawatt, from 1,5 ha/mW.
A three-in-one software that saves PNE time and resources
«It's easy to use, even for non-technical users. Now, anyone in our offices can efficiently create their own designs, and our German engineers can manipulate anything in our projects remotely since RatedPower's platform is cloud-based.»
Optimizing PV projects and overcome the limitations of legacy software
«We have received a highly professional response when we needed support or training from the team. RatedPower helps us optimize our projects and provides us with a significant advantage over our competitors.»
Harnessing RatedPower to carry out invaluable PV equipment analysis
«RatedPower provides us with simplicity and flexibility in our solar projects while requiring fewer resources. Other software options typically demand more resources on our end to complete these calculations.»
Driving efficiency and optimizing resources for more than 50 projects
«RatedPower offers highly personalized customer support. The team has been efficient in solving our doubts and helping us learn how to make the most out of the tool based on our unique needs.»
Aligning stakeholders from development to procurement
«The solar industry is becoming more volatile and complex. In today’s world, developers, contractors, and buyers need flexible, scalable and configurable cost estimation tools linked to design for running different scenarios.»
Spearheading the transition to renewables
«We used to use a mix of tools like AutoCAD, spreadsheets and PVsyst. Now with RatedPower, our team can be innovative and explore more possibilities without wasting time, as each design only takes minutes to run.»
Get real-life inspiration from energy professionals like you
Check how other development and engineering teams are leveraging software to increase ROI and mitigate risks of their utility-scale solar assets.
Discover RatedPower’s solar design software first-hand
Request a live demo and see it in action
Start accelerating your PV plant design and engineering today. Our team of specialists is happy to answer your questions and help grow your PV business.