Easy and fast solar array design and simulation
Solar modeling software for ground-mounted systems
Reduce risk to your PV project with easy-to-use advanced solar modeling software, increase ROI, and grow your business pipeline. pvDesign allows you to:
- Find the best electrical and equipment configuration
- Discover the optimum civil configuration of your solar plant
- Achieve the optimal solar array design by iterating through pitch/GCR and DC/AC ratio
- Create accurate quotes for projects with BoM and CAPEX
- LCOE tool help you evaluate trade-offs between production and costs
- Perform cut-and-fill cost-benefit analyses
Automate your asset design and project optimization
Get energy yield estimates 85% faster with solar modeling software
Unlock the potential and boost productivity of your development and engineering teams across the entire PV project lifecycle stage.
Compare equipment performance
- Thousands of PV modules, inverters, and structures
- Find your preferred equipment using the software’s library, complete with full manufacturer specs.
- Bring your own equipment
- Upload your equipment using
.ondfiles or define custom tracker, fixed, or east-west structures.
- Upload your equipment using
- Full power station design
- Choose the preferred inverters for your power station and its location. Include transformer losses to increase the accuracy of your solar design simulation.
Find the best solar array design
- Automated array layout
- Define the layout setup and its setbacks: Roads, structure alignment and rotation are parameters included.
- Slope visualization and earthwork estimates
- Remove structures that exceed your slope limits or terrain undulation. Cut-and-fill costs will be reflected in your CAPEX analysis.
- DC/AC ratio and GCR optimization
- Run simulations in bulk and compare them by relevant metrics: energy yield, cost, or equipment.
Proposals that make it into the queue
- Interconnection applications made easy
- Size the facility according to global interconnection standards. Download comprehensive SLD and Gen-Tie reports.
- Bankable energy yield estimates
- Market-leading engineering firm, B&V, benchmarked and validated RatedPower solar energy yield calculation against industry legacy tools.
- Hand off to peers or off-takers
- Download editable reports, drawings, and 3D shading data ready to use in PVsyst. Incorporate your teammates at later stages of the project lifecycle.
Thousands of professionals choose to work with our solar estimating software
Streamlining BayWa r.e’s pre-engineering workload
«We needed software that was easy to handle, fast, and detailed. Now, with pvDesign, our developers can design in half an hour. Using AutoCAD or other tools would take one or two days.»
RatedPower speed helps us boost our competitive advantage
«Now we can turn around design documents within hours and minutes to stakeholders, landowners, partners or engineers, to get through our regulatory process. This has allowed us to move projects forward faster.»
A three-in-one software that saves PNE time and resources
«It's easy to use, even for non-technical users. Now, anyone in our offices can efficiently create their own designs, and our German engineers can manipulate anything in our projects remotely since pvDesign is cloud-based.»
Optimizing PV projects and overcome the limitations of legacy software
«We have received a highly professional response when we needed support or training from RatedPower's team. pvDesign helps us optimize our projects and provides us with a significant advantage over our competitors.»
Harnessing pvDesign to carry out invaluable PV equipment analysis
«RatedPower provides us with simplicity and flexibility in our solar projects while requiring fewer resources. Other software options typically demand more resources on our end to complete these calculations.»
Doubling PV project development bandwidth with software
«Thanks to the new developments created by RatedPower that adapt to our needs, we could double our capacity. The time we used to spend on designing and reviewing designs is now focused on doing more projects.»
Driving efficiency and optimizing resources for more than 50 projects
«RatedPower offers highly personalized customer support. The team has been efficient in solving our doubts and helping us learn how to make the most out of the tool based on our unique needs.»
Discover RatedPower first-hand
Request a live demo and see it in action
Start accelerating your PV plant design and engineering today. Our team of specialists is happy to answer your questions and help grow your PV business.