Seamless planning of your large-scale solar photovoltaic projects
360º solar planning software
Equip your development team with smart site assessment, project design, and optimization in a collaborative PV planner.
- Fast site prospecting
- Topography analysis
- Integrated solar irradiance data
- Optimized PV layout
- Energy production, cost, and LCOE documents
Automate your asset design and project optimization
Increase your solar asset profitability by 20% with the most trusted solar planning tool
Unlock the potential and boost productivity of your development and engineering teams across the entire PV project lifecycle stage.
Speedy site assessment
- Gather parcel data
- Harness Enverus Power & Renewables outcomes, parcel data, or GIS software to plan your solar plant project.
- Define available areas and restrictions
- Use the built-in site creator to identify buildable and restricted zones. Choose the areas to place the storage, interconnection, and overhead lines.
- Slope visualization and topography analysis
- Upload your own topography data and perform cut-and-fill analysis. Quickly identify how terrain affects your layout.
Optimized power plant layouts
- Free and premium solar resource datasets
- Choose your preferred meteorological source from the available catalog, or upload your own to get bankable energy production estimations.
- Automated array layout design
- Fine-tune your solar plant, interconnection, and storage parameters in minutes, not days, to get an optimized 2D and 3D layout.
- Energy yield, LCOE, and cost estimates
- Get key metrics on energy production, LCOE, and costs while planning and designing your solar plant.
Engineering documents your team can trust
- CAPEX templates
- Use built-in IRENA cost templates to create accurate quotes and proposals for your finance team.
- PVsyst compatibility
- Get energy yield estimates in PVsyst faster by exporting the shading scene file. Obtain accurate energy simulation results, including 3D features.
- Complete package of plant engineering documents
- Each design you create includes a comprehensive engineering documentation package you can edit in minutes.
Thousands of professionals choose to work with our solar planning tool
Streamlining BayWa r.e’s pre-engineering workload
«We needed software that was easy to handle, fast, and detailed. Now, with pvDesign, our developers can design in half an hour. Using AutoCAD or other tools would take one or two days.»
RatedPower speed helps us boost our competitive advantage
«Now we can turn around design documents within hours and minutes to stakeholders, landowners, partners or engineers, to get through our regulatory process. This has allowed us to move projects forward faster.»
A three-in-one software that saves PNE time and resources
«It's easy to use, even for non-technical users. Now, anyone in our offices can efficiently create their own designs, and our German engineers can manipulate anything in our projects remotely since pvDesign is cloud-based.»
Optimizing PV projects and overcome the limitations of legacy software
«We have received a highly professional response when we needed support or training from RatedPower's team. pvDesign helps us optimize our projects and provides us with a significant advantage over our competitors.»
Harnessing pvDesign to carry out invaluable PV equipment analysis
«RatedPower provides us with simplicity and flexibility in our solar projects while requiring fewer resources. Other software options typically demand more resources on our end to complete these calculations.»
Doubling PV project development bandwidth with software
«Thanks to the new developments created by RatedPower that adapt to our needs, we could double our capacity. The time we used to spend on designing and reviewing designs is now focused on doing more projects.»
Driving efficiency and optimizing resources for more than 50 projects
«RatedPower offers highly personalized customer support. The team has been efficient in solving our doubts and helping us learn how to make the most out of the tool based on our unique needs.»
Aligning stakeholders from development to procurement
«The solar industry is becoming more volatile and complex. In today’s world, developers, contractors, and buyers need flexible, scalable and configurable cost estimation tools linked to design for running different scenarios.»
Spearheading the transition to renewables
«We used to use a mix of tools like AutoCAD, spreadsheets and PVsyst. Now with RatedPower, our team can be innovative and explore more possibilities without wasting time, as each design only takes minutes to run.»
Get real-life inspiration from energy professionals like you
Check how other development and engineering teams are leveraging software to increase ROI and mitigate risks of their utility-scale solar assets.
Discover RatedPower first-hand
Request a live demo and see it in action
Start accelerating your PV plant design and engineering today. Our team of specialists is happy to answer your questions and help grow your PV business.